CBD for Joints
Are you looking for a natural way to relieve joint pain? CBD (cannabidiol) may be worth considering. This non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis and hemp plants offers a range of potential health benefits. We are often asked about CBD for joint pain and the best joint pain cream. In this blog, we will try to answer all of your questions about CBD and joint pain and recommend the best oils and balms to help you live life to the fullest.
What causes joint pain?
Joint pain is a common problem that can be caused by a wide variety of factors. The most common causes include:
– Arthritis: This is the most common cause of joint pain and refers to the inflammation of the joints. There are many different types of arthritis, but the two most common are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
– Injury: Joints can be injured by sudden trauma or overuse. Common injuries include sprains, strains, and fractures.
– Disease: Some diseases can cause joint pain as a symptom, including lupus, gout, and fibromyalgia.
CBD for joint pain
CBD is a compound that is found in cannabis and hemp plants. It is non-psychoactive, meaning it does not produce the “high” associated with marijuana use. CBD has been shown to offer a wide range of potential health benefits, including relief from occasional pain and inflammation after exercise.
The FDA has only approved CBD for use in one pharmaceutical drug for a specific form of seizures. We must therefore be clear that CBD and our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, mitigate, or cure any disease. One should always see their physician for care after injury or to treat any chronic conditions.
CBD joints studies
Scientific studies on CBD for joint pain are still in the early phases but have show potential.
One study found that CBD was effective in reducing inflammation and pain in rats with arthritis. See the study here: Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviors in a rat model of arthritis.
Another study looked at the effects of CBD on human cells and found that it reduced inflammation and helped to protect the cells from damage. See the study here: Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol
It is thought that CBD works by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system. This system regulates many different functions in the body, including pain, inflammation, and sleep.
How to choose a CBD cream for joint pain?
CBD products come in many forms. There are oils, tinctures, capsules, gummies, and topical creams. A topical joint relief cream is applied directly to the skin and is a popular choice for joint pain relief.
There are many different CBD topical products on the market, so it can be difficult to know which one is right for you. Here are some things to look for when choosing a CBD cream for joint pain:
– Make sure the product contains CBD. It should be clearly labeled with the amount of CBD in each serving.
– Choose a product that is third-party tested. This means that an independent lab has verified the purity and potency of the product.
– Look for a product with natural ingredients. Some people may be sensitive to ingredients.
Hawaiian Choice CBD Topical Gel
We recommend our weightless Hawaiian CBD topical gel with arnica. It contains 200mg broad spectrum Hawaiian CBD and is gently scented with eucalyptus and lemongrass oils from the Big Island of Hawaii. The scent is fresh and uplifting without being masculine or feminine.
Our CBD topical gel is designed to be directly applied to areas experiencing soreness, discomfort, or inflammation. The gel is specially formulated so that it is neither greasy nor sticky. A little goes a long way and it does not leave residue.
It also contains:
- Arnica – this herb is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce swelling and pain.
- Gotu Kola – an Ayurvedic herb that has been traditionally used to support healthy connective tissue.
- MSM – a naturally occurring sulfur compound that is important for the health of collagen and joint cartilage.
- Horsetail Plant Extract – an herb that contains silica, which is thought to be helpful for healthy skin and connective tissue.
- Peppermint Oil and Menthol: these essential oils have a cooling effect and can help to soothe discomfort.
- Aloe Vera: this plant is known for its soothing and cooling properties.
- Geranium Extract: an essential oil with a floral aroma that can help to promote relaxation.
Many people report relief with our CBD Topical Gel and you can see it featured in this review on the best cannabis and hemp topicals.
The best CBD oil for joint pain
Another way to take CBD for joint pain is by using an oil tincture. Our CBD Relief oil contains 750mg broad spectrum Hawaiian CBD.
It also contains a unique terpene blend of Eucalyptol, Humulene, and Gama Terpinene. These terpenes were chosen for their believed abilities to help relieve pain and inflammation.
This oil tastes amazing as it it is infused with organic or wild gathered Hawaiian pineapple, passion fruit, hibiscus, noni and more.
Best CBD Gummies for Joint Pain
Our sister brand, Rare Cannabinoid Company, also offers some products that are excellent for relieving pain and inflammation after working out or exercising.